Strathroy Carodoc Youth Hockey
STRATHROY CARADOC YOUTH HOCKEY REGISTRATION FORM
Registration: March 31-September 1, 2023. Cost $240
Late Registration: After September 1, 2023 - September 16, 2023. Cost $280
Registrations will be collected at the end of business day on Sept. 1. Anything not in our hands/P.O. by the end of the business day will be considered late and the cost is $280 (no exceptions), and the player will not be guaranteed a spot on a team. Last season, we reached our maximum number for enrollment.
Etransfers: Please send payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put the question: what is this sport for? [hockey] and include your child(ren)'s name in the comment box.
Registration forms: Registration forms can be sent to email@example.com or dropped off at Strathroy Sports, 7 Front St W, Strathroy or mailed to Strathroy Caradoc Youth Hockey P.O. Box 42 Strathroy ON, N7G 3J1
Year End Newsletter - 2022-2023 Season
1. We would like to thank all of our sponsors for helping us equip our players with improved jerseys!
2022-2023, 2023-2024, and 2024-2025 Seasons:
Caradoc Sands Golf Course Ltd.
B & H Excavating Ltd.
Southwest Railing Inc.
Rocky’s Harley Davidson
M&K Metal Art Design
2023-2024, 2024-2025, and 2025-2026 Seasons:
JVBC Custom Kitchens & Renos
Alliance Fabricating Ltd.
(We will be looking for more sponsors in the upcoming seasons, so please consider becoming a sponsor if you own a business or know of a business that would like to support our organization).
2. Registration for 2023-2024 Season
● Registration will take place on Friday March 31 from 8:00-10:00 pm (in the lobby of the Gemini) and Saturday April 1 from 4:00-6:30 (in the Westcast Room of the Gemini). Registration forms will be available at the arena during these times.
● Registration forms will also be available on our website www.scyh.ca
● Currently we have 299 players. This is the maximum number of players that can play within our league. Therefore, we would strongly recommend that you register your players early to ensure that they can play next season.
● Early Registration - March 31-September 1, 2023. Cost $240
● Late Registration - After September 1, 2023. Cost $280
○ Important Note: Late registration does not guarantee that your player will be added to a team. On September 1, at the end of the business day, we will be collecting all registration forms/fees from our P.O. Box and Strathroy Sports. Any registration forms that are not collected by the end of this business day will automatically be considered late and the fee to play will be $280 without a guarantee to be placed on a team.
● Forms of payments: Cheque, Cash (cheque is preferred)
● At this time, we are trying to set up e-transfers. If this is arranged before March 31, 2023, we will inform parents. This would move to our preferred method of payment.
● Post dated cheques can be dated August 15, 2023.
3. Equipment Return
● All equipment (jerseys, goalie gear, referee jerseys, pylons, pucks, etc.) need to be returned to the coach on the last day of hockey.
● If you know that your player is going to miss the last week of hockey, please give the jersey to the coach the week prior.
● If for whatever reason you are not able to hand in your child's jersey (i.e., your child is sick the last week of hockey), you need to make your own arrangements to get the jersey back to your child's coach.
● Coaches, all jersey and goalie equipment needs to be returned to STRATHROY SPORTS by April 22, 2023. We need to have the equipment professionally cleaned and organized for next season.
● Thank you for your assistance this season. Please ensure that you have a SCYH Committee member sign-off on your high school volunteer hour sheets.
● Please return your referee jersey to your coach (or a coach of the last game that you referee) at the end of the season.
● There is a fun referee game planned for Saturday April 1 from 5:30-6:20 at The Gemini. This is open to all referees that contributed this year plus one of their friends that is registered in SCYH.
5. Team Pictures
● Teams are encouraged to arrange their own pictures for the last game of the season. This can take place right before the game starts.
6. Next Season - New volunteers needed
With the season coming to an end, we are in need of volunteers for next year's season. Some of our dedicated Executive Members are leaving our league and we need assistance with filling a number of positions. Please see the list below and let us know if you are willing to help out.
League Convener - Mike Minten
● Needed - one person to shadow/learn this responsibility, as 2023-2024 will be the last season that Mike will be the League Convenor. Duties include: finalizing the teams, making the schedules (regular league games and year end weekend), contact with town for ice times, communication with teams, assisting all league responsibilities
Registrar - Cecile Van Aert (replacing Ellen Minten)
Facebook/Social Media - Position needs to be filled
Treasurer - Heather Langdon (continue with this responsibility)
League Insurance - Heather Langdon (continue with this responsibility)
Referee Coordinator - Patricia Adamson (continue with this responsibility)
Secretary - Position needs to be filled (attend approximately 2 meetings per year and write the meeting Minutes)
Tech Support (email addresses, website) - Jennifer Cherneski (continue with this responsibility)
Equipment Manager / Jersey Sponsors - Position needs to be filled (Will Mooney, the outgoing Equipment Manager will assist the new Equipment Manager at the beginning of the season)
Year end party coordinator - Heather Langdon with the assistance of a new volunteer (order gifts and ensure that coaches have the gifts for the last game, ensure the Westcast room is set up, pizza/drinks for both Friday night and Saturday pizza party, organize volunteers, etc.)
Picture Day coordinator - Position needs to be filled (find a photographer, make the schedule, ensure pictures are handed out, etc.)
Division Coordinators - Each Division has a volunteer that is the ‘go to’ person to ensure that the league is running smoothly (i.e. teams are fair, addresses parent/coach concerns, etc.)
● Division A = Position needs to be filled
● Division B = Rick Lenting
● Division C = Dave DePonte
● Division D = Position needs to be filled
If you are interested in taking on one of these positions, please email Mike Minten at firstname.lastname@example.org We would like to thank all players and parents for a wonderful season. We are already looking forward to next year's season.
SCYH Executive Committee
We are currently seeking referee volunteers for our Group B and Group C games. This is a great opportunity for high school students to receive their community hours. Older elementary students (i.e., grade 8) can also volunteer to referee our Group B players.
This year, Patricia Silva has agreed to coordinate signing up for timeslots. She will be sharing a Google Document with all interested volunteer referees. Therefore, a Google email address will be needed to sign up. Please email her with your child's name, contact phone number, and Google email address so she can be in contact with you. [If you don't have a Google email account, please create one]. Her email address is Adamsonpatricia03@gmail.com
Volunteer time slots will either be 2.5 or 4 hours per week. Some weeks we need 4 volunteers and other weeks we need 6 volunteers; it just depends on how the schedule for the week aligns.
Each volunteer will be given a whistle and lent a referee jersey (which needs to be returned at the end of the season).
On Wednesday October 12 at 7:00 in the Boardroom of the West Middlesex Community Center, we will be holding a referee clinic for all those who are interested.
Thank you for your service,
Thank you all for registering your children in Strathroy Caradoc Youth Hockey, we hope to have an enjoyable season. Below are a few items that need to be communicated to parents:
1. We will be holding a meeting for anyone who would like to volunteer to help run and organize our hockey league. There are many jobs, big and small, that are in need of being filled. Our league is able to run due to the dedication of parents and our volunteers. Moving forward, we are in need of additional support to continue to make our league thrive. We will be holding a meeting on Wednesday September 14 at 7:00pm at West Middlesex Memorial Centre in the upstairs boardroom.
2. We will be holding a meeting for our coaches on Monday September 19 at 7:00pm at West Middlesex Memorial Centre in the upstairs boardroom to pick the teams and finalize the schedule.
3. If you still have jersey’s or team bags from the previous season, please return them ASAP to Strathroy Sports.
4. The league starts on October 14/15. Your child’s coach will be letting you know what team your child is on at the end of September/beginning of October.
5. Students in age group D (high school students) - this is just a reminder that games will be held on Friday nights. Friday night games will be held at the West Middlesex Memorial Arena this year.
6. Prior to the league starting, we will be emailing parents to see if any high school aged students are interested in refereeing our Group B and Group C players. Volunteering can be used for high school community hours.
7. At this time, our enrollment numbers are high. We still have a few spots available for Group C players (players born between 2009-2011).
The SCYH Committee
The cost of registration will be $240. Once again, registration forms can either be dropped off at Strathroy Sports or mailed to our P.O. Box. Registration closes on September 1, 2022.
After September 1, 2022, and only if there is space available in each division for extra players, the cost will be $270.
Our 2022-2023 season starts the weekend after Thanksgiving, which is October 14-15, 2022.
Additionally, we are still in need of volunteers both on the ice and behind the scenes. If you are interested in coaching or refereeing next year, please indicate this on your child’s registration form. Our league is run by volunteers, so we need you. If you would like to assist with running the league please contact Mike Minten at email@example.com.
Finally, we would like to thank all of the parents and players for a successful season this year. There were some hiccups along the way, but we made the best of it.
We need volunteers to help organize the league, as many opportunities and positions are available. This requires minimal work, but is beneficial for our league to continue to run. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Mike Minten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any help would be appreciated.
We are still trying to get all of the equipment (i.e. goalie gear / team bags) and jerseys back from our 2020-2021 players. It is critical that we get this equipment returned so that it can be used for our upcoming season. If you have these items, please return them to Strathroy Sports 7 Front St W, Strathroy.
We have added a buy and sell / equipment exchange discussion group in facebook for those looking to rid themselves of old equipment or find a gem. Please got to
https://www.facebook.com/groups/scyhequipexchange/ and request to join, once accepted you can post something to sell. Let us know how it works - email@example.com
MANY THANKS TO ALL VOLUNTEERS without you there would be no SCYH. We do need more help, if you want to know how you can help PLEASE email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Facebook page - tell us what you think - Like it and you will be updated on upcoming events
A VERY BIG THANK-YOU TO ALL OF OUR SPONSORS.
Thank you to Strathroy Sports, Kyis Embroidery and Herms Sports Exchange for supplying our logos and equipment needs to keep our players safe on the ice.