June 25 Meeting Minutes

Next Meeting August 27th 

STRATHROY CARADOC YOUTH HOCKEY 1 May 1st, 2008

MINUTES


Minutes of the Strathroy Caradoc Youth Hockey meeting held this date at the Middlesex Community Living Building at 7:30 p.m.


PRESENT

Tara Bolton

Milt Agate

Sheila Pelleboer

Steve Luciani

Warren Jutzi

Shannon Leitch

Adrian Tammingo

Tim Wright

Heather Langdon-Muldoon


1. 2008/2009 Registration

Steve Luciani informed the Committee of the current registration numbers. He noted that Groups B and C are filling up quickly. It was suggested that the Committee may need to suggest juggling some registrations, moving some players up a group and some players down a group depending on their skill level to accommodate the popular enrollment in these groups. The website will be updated to note that there are still spaces available but they are limited. It was suggested that the website also provide information as to why the groups are capped at certain numbers.

2. Upcoming Dates and Meetings - Proposed

The following dates and meetings are under consideration:

  • Picture Day – Heather Langdon-Muldoon to contact photographer to arrange convenient date/time and location for team & individual photos to be taken.

  • Coaches & Convenors meeting – September 17th, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. This meeting will be held to discuss the setting and shuffling of teams. Team colours will be selected at this meeting and a schedule will be developed and distributed to coaches shortly after the meeting.

  • Equipment meeting – an equipment meeting will be held in August to discuss and review equipment needs for the upcoming season.

  • Early September – Referee training.

  • October 17th/18th, 2008 is noted as the official start date for the 2008/2009 hockey season for SCYH.

  • Two weeks after hockey season starts coaches and convenors will meet to discuss the balancing of teams.


3. Equipment

The Committee discussed the phased in ordering of new jerseys for the Association. It was suggested that the Association considering requesting local businesses to sponsor the jerseys. The Committee discussed providing teams with goalie equipment that is sized to the correct age range. The Committee discussed the importance of owning the artwork for the jerseys to give them flexibility of where they would like to have the jerseys made.

The Equipment Manager suggested that jerseys need to be tracked and coaches will be required to document which jersey was provided to which player and they will also be required to document the return of the jersey at the end of the season.

The Equipment Manager suggested that the Association consider having standard issue bags for the coaches which may include a standard assortment of required equipment for their team. The coaches will be expected to return the bag with the same standard equipment at the end of the season. A list of the contents will be provided with each bag. It was also suggested that coaches be required to sign off on the equipment bags. It was also suggested that ice packs be included in the equipment bags.

It was noted that whistles will need to be provided to the referees.


4. Referees

Information from registration forms regarding volunteers for refereeing will be forwarded to Sheila Pelleboer and Adrian Tammingo to contact and make arrangements for training sessions. Heather Langdon-Muldoon will review the list to ensure that past referees have not been missed.


5. Coaches/Convenors

The Committee discussed the number of coaches required on the ice for each team/group. The Committee decided that Group A & B will need two coaches and one coach will be allowed on the ice for all games, Group C need will need one coach per team with the coach being allowed on the ice for the first couple of games if required, Group D will need one coach per team and will not be allowed to have their coaches on the ice during the games.

Milt Agate agreed to take on the responsibility of being the coaches manager. Milt will create an information sheet with contact numbers and expectations.

The Committee agreed that all issues and concerns from coaches, parents and players should be addressed through the Convenor for that respective group. The Convenor will then request information from the correct executive member and pass the information back down the line.

 

6. Website Suggestions

Warren Jutzi gave suggestions on how Committee members could better utilize the Association’s website.

 

7. Next Meeting

The Committee proposed August 27th, 2008 at 7:30 p.m. in the boardroom at the Gemini Sportsplex for their next meeting. Shannon Leitch will arrange to book the room and confirm to members.


ADJOURNMENT

The meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.


___________________________ _____________________________

Heather Langdon Muldoon - President

 Shannon Leitch - Secretary